Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video driver

From: Brett Smith
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gNewSense-MIPS and SiliconMotion video driver
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:39:23 -0400

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 09:59 +0800, Wu Zhangjin wrote:
> Should we explicitly use "set .mips3" here to tell the compiler to
> understand the instructins or use -march=loongson2f?

I'm not sure what the right general way to solve this problem is, but I
did just get the driver compiled with GCC 4.4 using -march=loongson2f.
So it's definitely a non-issue with the right configuration; I just
needed to make sure I had the right configuration myself.

Unfortunately, simply applying the patch to the driver that's currently
in gNewSense didn't really fix the issue.  Maybe it improves
performance, but it's hard to know since the driver still doesn't boot.
We really need to get gNewSense updated to a more recent driver, one way
or another...

--
Brett Smith
Licensing Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation