[Gnewsense-dev] Re: CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 01:44:37 -0300

[Copying lists that might have the answer]

On May  2, 2010, Jim Smite <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried to use your lemote linux-libre kernels with a debian squeeze
> system, but udev complains about CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED and refuses
> to start.  Is it possible to disable this option?

I honestly don't know.  I build these kernels for gNewSense metad, so if
someone confirms that gNewSense metad's udev et al doesn't require this
kernel option, I'll drop it.  If nobody confirms it in a week or so,
I'll give it a try myself after I return from an upcoming trip.