Re: [Gnewsense-dev] suggestion: sources.list reference webpage

From: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] suggestion: sources.list reference webpage
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 20:57:37 +0200

Il giorno sabato 08/05/2010 18:40:55 CEST
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> al3xu5 / dotcommon schreef:
> > if the page (http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/ReposRefs) can be
> > considered to be good enough now, i would propose linking to it in
> > the
>
> - Add that the preferred way to change repo info is through the
> Software Sources tool. This page is for people who know what they're
> doing.

done.

> - The secondary repository URLs are country specific and have nothing
> to do with language. It's useful to point to a list of TLDs.

oh yes, right. corrected and added links to ccTLDs.

> - This page is a reference for sources.list (and the keys). Section 4
> seems a bit outside it's scope (people messing around with
> sources.list usually know what apt is).

uhm... i agree

> It's better to move that to
> [1] and/or one of its subpages.

added (with a lot of more information) to:
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Apt-getAndAptitude

if someone wants to check it i will appreciate...

> > website...
> >
> > so, please suggest from where linking to it:
> > - somewhere in the wiki section? where? (i can do it)
> > - somewhere in the main section? where? (i am in doubt i have the
> >   rights to do so)
> >
> > in both sections?
>
> Link to it from [1].
> [1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/SoftwareAdministration

right now i have found that someone has already done it...

now the repos reference page is linked from here:
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/Documentation#toc16
(section: Basic Administration)

my idea (i agree with sam "This page is for people who know what
they're doing.") was to link it in the next 'Advanced Administration'
section... but nop...

regards
al3xu5 / dotcommon

--