[Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?

From: christophe . jarry
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 20:44:56 +0200

Dear developpers,

I found a freedom bug in xulrunner, which incitates the user to download Adobe flashplayer. I reported this bug at https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30027 and now know how to fix it. I have to edit 'browser/app/profile/firefox.js' file in xulrunner source code, so that the link to mozilla's list of plugins is replaced by one pointing to gnuzilla's list of plugins. Gnuzilla's list incitates to install Gnash instead of Adobe flashplayer.

I would like to know the best option to proceed:
- apply a patch against this file and then create a new .deb to be uploaded to bzr repo,
- write a shell script with builder to make those changes.

Christophe