Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [Documentation]GIMP page.

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [Documentation]GIMP page.
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:22:12 +0200

r. siddharth wrote:
I have been working on this GIMP page[1] for quite sometime (very slowly though). I feel the page is not complete enough to link it from the gNewSense Documentation Main page[2]. I plan to write a section on _Channels_ next. Any ideas on how to make the page feel complete ?. I am looking at the page as destination which will get the reader familiar with the fundamental things in GIMP.

Why do you think it's not complete enough? It seems to cover most (if not all) basic tools. I don't do much image editing myself, so I found it very educational. I made some corrections that I hope you can agree with while I was reading.

Tip: don't write that you attempt to explain something. Just explain it. If the reader thinks he can do better, he can edit it himself.

I'm wondering why you included the antialiasing elaboration. Someone looking to learn basic skills is served enough with the explanation that antialiasing means smooth curves.

Thanks for contributing to the documentation.