Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderiver
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:52:16 +1100

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:25:15 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz wrote:
> >> Indeed
> >>
> >> So far just saying at least for me it will make esier life :)
> > > I strongly recommend forking/linking with an existing tool that

I should note i meant to say "fork()ing", rather then 'fork' in the
sense we normally know it in free software :)

> > > will do
> > that for you.
> > > For autobuilding you could look at rebuildd and debomatic.
> > > For building from source packages look at pbuilder, pbuilder-dist
> > > and
> > cowbuilder, cowbuilder-dist.
>
> This is more or less how I envision it:
> http://inodes.org/2009/09/14/building-a-private-ppa-on-ubuntu/
>
> It's probably not very hard to integrate such a thing in debderiver
> while keeping its config file simple (which is much of its point).

Very nice link, I've worked on something similar in the past myself.
Since I'm already working with reprepro I'm hopefully I'll be able to
get some tweaks in when its set up.

(btw, if you need a hand with /want to delegate off setting anything up
grab me on irc)
thanks,
kk

--