Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Updated packages for enscript (bug #35885)

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Updated packages for enscript (bug #35885)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:40:44 +0100

Marek Buras wrote:
> Thanks for the directions. Somehow I overlooked that guide and didn't read it
> while working on the package (and it lead to few problems, such as .pc
> directory which I forgot about ;))

Yeah, that documentation could use a better structure. The .pc directory
is used by quilt and can be left untouched. It's not normally included
in the source package itself (as can be seen by extracting the separate
archives).

> I edited changelog as you suggested and additionaly made small modification to
> control file (found this in psutils package made by Karl Goetz in March 2012):
>
>  Maintainer: gNewSense Hackers <gnewsense-dev e-mail address>
>  XSBC-Original-Maintainer: Tim Retout <original maintainer address>
>
> New sources can be found here:
>   http://cyfr0n.c0.pl/gns/parkes/enscript_1.6.5.2-1gnewsense1.dsc
>
> Is that control file modification correct or should I revert this change?
> There is lintian warning about that Original-Maintainer field, but I didn't
> take it seriously ;)

It's excellent. I'll update the repository tomorrow. Thanks for fixing
this bug. The easy bugs list [1] is going to need some new entries now. :)

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/DevelopmentTeam/EasyBugs