Re: [Gnewsense-dev] live-config for Parkes

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] live-config for Parkes
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:21:16 +0100

> Are you working on this live-build patch currently? I plan to look at
> live media issues in gNewSense (including #38012) soon and I'd like to
> avoid unnecesery "redundancy".

I haven't changed it since January.  Issue #28365 links to the current
state.

> I have been able to force lb scripts to pull kernel images, initrds and
> so on from proper locations, but that was ugly if-else based
> modifications.

I'll check how this should be done, it looked simple.

> Setting splashscreen for syslinux wasn't hard too.

The problem was that we had no syslinux splashscreen image.  Was it
added recently?

> think correct way of doing things is using "--mode gnewsense" switch
> during config stage and I've seen (by accident, typing live-build
> instead of live-config while pulling from your repository) that you have
> done some work on that. Will you publish it?

It should be available at bzr://elderthing.mtjm.eu/gnewsense/live-build.
How should I "publish" it?

> Do you have any plans
> related to it?

I'll add support for gNewSense installer file paths and the splashscreen
if it's available.