[Gnewsense-dev] latest libreoffice for gnewsense

From: Dika Setya Prayogi
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] latest libreoffice for gnewsense
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 17:25:09 +0700

I see latest libreoffice 3 in gnewsense is old thats mean some
features have not yet been implemented and the main problem is it cant
render some character especially non alphabetical character

I found that libre office 5 (and maybe later version) packages are
independent and succesfully managed to install them

can we make this default for gnewsense 4 and later ?

--tutorial installing--

note that on my gnewsense4 installation, libreoffice 3 and 5 can be
co-installed but just in case of error uninstall libreoffice 3 first

1.go to libreoffice site (
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ )

2.download libreoffice fresh_deb.tar.gz for your x86 or x64 system

3.create new folder and move downloaded package here

4.open terminal, navigate to the new folder you had create,type: cd
your_path_to/new_folder

5.extract the package,type: tar xf the_package_name_deb.tar.gz

6.you must install the extracted package in one go,type: sudo dpkg -i
the_package_name_deb/DEBS/*.deb

7.enjoy