[gNewSense-users] Browser (was: GNASH?)

From: Andreas K. Foerster
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Browser (was: GNASH?)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 16:40:01 +0100 (MET)

Am Samstag, dem 04. Nov 2006 schrieb Dave Crossland:

> >How about Epiphany?
>
> The value of Firefox/Iceweasel is the universe of extensions
> available. Though I see
>
> "The Epiphany Extensions package is what you will need. Epiphany runs
> all the same popular plugins that run in Mozilla."
> - http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/
>
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/extensions suggests that only
> those extensions listed work.

Extensions and plugins are a different matter.

"Plugins" are for what you can see in the webpages. They are to render
specific file-formats, not directly supported by the browser software.
Plugins can be shared between all Mozilla based browsers.

"Extensions" are extensions to the browser, ie. what you can get from
the browser-menus. They are specific to the several browsers.

> I use GPL extentions not on the list, like customizegoogle.com. When I
> get home I'll test this, unless anyone replies with the answer :-)

That seems to be a browser specific entension.

--
AKFoerster