Re: [gNewSense-users] The mp3 issue

From: Dean Linkous
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] The mp3 issue
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 16:30:20 -0800 (PST)

> --- Jay <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think the following example will clear things up
> > Dean:

I think I do understand now. I was reading the COPYING
file yet missed the LICENSE file completely. The
LICENSE file clearly lays out the patent issue. I
guess it would be dumb to think that somehow fluendo
had licensed mp3 usage for essentially any/every
project out there to use. Of course, I guess they have
licensed it for every end user that wishes to have it.

Sorry for being so dense. Patents have NEVER made any
sense to me and I honestly do not understand how
someone can claim ownership over a "idea"! I am not
allowed to come up with the same idea as someone else
- no sense at all.

I (now) do not see that fluendo option is any better
that any other option in regards to mp3 and in some
ways it is even worse IMO. I am ashamed I have
recommended that in the past. Someone smack me!