Re: [gNewSense-users] mplayer backports

From: rek2GNU/Linux
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] mplayer backports
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:47:23 -0600

Thanks Tim, hmmm I was considering creating some debs also what is the procedure for this? I mean not to create the debs... :-) but to be able to put it on the backports you like did?

cheers
Chris Fernandez
http://www.binaryfreedom.info

Tim Retout wrote:
I've backported mplayer and the mozilla-mplayer packages from Debian and
Edgy respectively. I created a deltad-backports repository to hold them:

deb http://www.retout.co.uk/gnewsense-custom/ deltad-backports main
deb-src http://www.retout.co.uk/gnewsense-custom/ deltad-backports main

The usual disclaimers apply - I've no idea if I can provide security
updates in the long term. I've tested them only briefly.

I'm wondering how tricky it would be to let other people submit
backports, and create something equivalent to backports.debian.net.

I'm tempted to do gnash next - I've been using the version in Feisty for
a few days, but it might be nice to try a CVS version.