[gNewSense-users] Points about new CDs

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Points about new CDs
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:49:15 +0000

I've tried out the two new live CDs, and I think they're really good,
particularly the addition of USplash, and the default colours and new
install icon in KDE. Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to them.

However, the default colours don't seem to be a saved colour scheme in
the KDE settings, so when you change to colours, you can't change back
automatically. One of the 'kgnewsense' schemes is the same as the
default colours, except the text is green and hard to read. Also, in
GNOME, the Tango and Tangerine icon sets still have the Ubuntu logo on
the applicatins menu. I hope that can be changed easily, because those
are my two favourite sets after the Human icons.

I'm also not a big fan of the more fancy font used on the 'E' in the
gNewSense-KDE logo. I think it'd look better if the whole word 'KDE'
used that font, or if it was just the 'g' at the beginning, as in the
standard gNewSense logo.

Another very minor point is that if you log out in the KDE CD, the
username space in KDM is blank, so if someone doesn't know the username,
they might have trouble logging in. I think it'd be helpful if that can
be made more like the login in the GNOME live CD, which is really easy.