Re: [gNewSense-users] Project Logo idea

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Project Logo idea
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:50:01 +0000

On 31/01/07, J.B. Nicholson-Owens <address@hidden> wrote:
Dave Crossland wrote:
> I cooked up a 'modernist' logo idea for gNewSense for fun tonight:

I tried visiting this page and I see a login page.

Sorry, try this:

> Comments good or bad welcome :-)

What fonts are you using?  I suggest using only fonts licensed to us
under free software licenses.

Yes, I am using 100% Free Software to do this artwork: "URW Century
Book" is the font, which is modified with Inkscape.

It is rather ironic that some free
software projects pick non-free fonts for their logos, not only in its
own right but ironic in a practical sense as well.

Yes, I totally agree - is Trebuchet, which
is a Microsoft "Core Font"....