Re: [gNewSense-users] what kind of doc does gNewSense really need?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] what kind of doc does gNewSense really need?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:01:03 +0930

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 12:07 -0400, andrei raevsky wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I sat down to start writing an intro to gNewSense for first-time
> users, but then I realized that I was not at all sure I knew what kind
> of documentation gNewSense really needs.  After all, Ubuntu is very
> well documented, and so are Gnome and KDE.  So do we want an
> Ubuntu/Gnome/KDE documentation with just the names changed where
> needed?

rebranding (relevent parts of) ubuntu doco should be a first target, as
theres so much.

> Do we need a non-technical but ethical/legal introduction to gNewSense
> as a 100% free distro?

explaing free software?

> What kind of doc do the list participants think we need most?

i think including in the distro work thats made in the wiki would be
cool, if practical.

What we do need is all the people who have/do/are writting doco for
gnewsense to communicate properly - its a real mess at the moment i'm
afraid (me not having the time i was hoping to make this coherancy
happen isnt helping i suspect)

kk