[gNewSense-users] more on Feisty gNewSense

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: [gNewSense-users] more on Feisty gNewSense
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:59:59 +0930

hi all,
more from me.

Apart from the stuff discussed already, i have to main concerns about
another (Feisty based) release - the wiki and documentation, and the
upgrade path.

Wiki:
To an extent, my problem. I've been trying to think of ways to allow us
to have multiple releases of documentation, as currently the wiki 'is',
and there is no separation.
The idea thats appealing to me most at the moment is to divide as such:
 - General/version independent help
 - gNewSense 1.x
 - gNewSense 2.x
 - gNewSense 3.x
 - etc

Upgrade path:
Ubuntu only support releases from one release to the next one, 6 months
on. The exception for this will be for LTS releases, which will be
supported to jump ~24 months (to be confirmed with the next release...).
We seem to be planing to ask users to do what in ubuntu land is a Dapper
-> Feisty jump - a 12 month, unsupported upgrade.
Do we have the resources (especially people able to help or test in the
first place), to handle this?

kk

--
Karl Goetz