[gNewSense-users] gNS accepted licenses

From: Romel Sandoval
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNS accepted licenses
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:33:34 -0500

In the web page "Various Licenses and Comments about Them" [1] of FSF.
They classify a license according to certain key questions:

      * Whether it qualifies as a free software license.
      * Whether it is a copyleft license.
      * Whether it is compatible with the GNU GPL. (This means you can
        combine a module which was released under that license with a
        GPL-covered module to make one larger program.)
      * Whether it causes any particular practical problems.

My cuestion goes around two of these classifications:

  * GPL-Compatible Free Software Licenses
  * GPL-Incompatible Free Software Licenses

gNewSense accept both or just GPL-Compatible licenses. My doubt arise
since both are say to be Free Software.

[1] http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html