Re: [gNewSense-users] Package freedom status reports.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Package freedom status reports.
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 09:18:57 +0100

As Karl kindly pointed out, a URL would have been handy.  The page which seems to be well laid out can be found, here.
Thanks to Karl and Lee.

On 03/06/07, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Andrew wrote:
> Lee (lee797),
> I've just been having a look at the great work that people have been
> doing towards checking the status of packages.
> The way that you have done your status page, is really cool and easy to
> read.  Would it be possible for you to document (briefly?) this,
> somewhere that package checkers can see it.  I personally think that the
> way you have done it is the way forward, and would like to do it that
> way, myself.

care to link us to the relevant page?

> If possible, could you explain how you did the column formatting, and
> any other tips you can offer.  It would certainly make my life easier.
> BTW, did you somehow script your checks, or do them by hand?
> Cheers,
> Chris.
> (Good effort!)

Karl Goetz
User of gNewSense: Free as in Freedom -
Australian Ubuntu users team -
User of Debian, The Universal Operating System -

gNewSense-users mailing list