Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Wikipedia

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Wikipedia
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:48:05 -0400

Yavor Doganov wrote:
> Guy Johnston wrote:
>> I've also changed the bit about non-free repositories.
> I don't know exactly what you changed

This is his edit:

>> Before, it gave the impression that it's not possible to use any
>> non-free respositories with gNewSense, even if you want to.  That
>> fuels the criticism that some people have of gNewSense, that we're
>> "taking away people's freedom" somehow.
> This is the equivalent to the question "I want to be a slave, it is my
> freedom to choose so".

Perhaps, but gNewSense doesn't attempt to force you not to use non-free
repositories; we shouldn't give the impression it does.

> But it should not make extra effort not to BREAK the users' systems that
> non-free software installed.

Obviously, it shouldn't, and doesn't.

> Currently, both points are moot, as there are no official gNewSense
> packages being developed.

And I don't think there is any intention to develop packages
specifically for gNewSense.

> We should strive to defeat the widely-spread sickness

I do strive to do that.

Matt Flaschen