[gNewSense-users] GTK-Gnutella too old to function?

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] GTK-Gnutella too old to function?
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:16:26 +0100

Hi,

As you know, I rebuilt my main box yesterday, and did a fresh install
of gNS.  My favourite p2p app is GTK-Gnutella.

I installed it, and it complains that this version is too old.  I have
done the suggested hack of the config file, so that it ignores this
problem, but when I search for items, nothing happens.  It's as if GG
isn't talking to the big world.  I have networking, so I know that
this isn't an issue.

Has anybody found this problem, if so, did you find a solution?  Can
anyone recommend a p2p GUI that I could use instead?

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/