[gNewSense-users] minimal base system of gNS

From: arnuld
Subject: [gNewSense-users] minimal base system of gNS
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:04:21 +0530 (IST)

I want to become a gNewsense user :). I use Archlinux ATM, but it contains
lots of proprietary softwares in its repositories, same is Debian. So I
was looking for a distro which supports Free Softwares only. I like to
install a basic system 1st e.g. I install from Archlinux Core ISO (148
MB), which installs only compilers, perl and other basic utilities. Like
Debian's netinst CD it does not install any X, GNOME, CLISP or Firefox, it
installs the base system only.

when I checked gNS, it has only 700 MB of liveCD :(. I do not use
Desktops. I am happy with emacs and wmii. Is there any way I have the
choice to install a minimal base system of gNS and then everything I need
from repositories ?

-- arnuld
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com

--

Email and shopping with the feelgood factor!
55% of income to good causes. http://www.ippimail.com