Re: [gNewSense-users] ytplay updated - playing Youtube videos on gNewSen

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] ytplay updated - playing Youtube videos on gNewSense.
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:01:36 +0100

Hello,

2008/2/5, Andrew Wigglesworth <address@hidden>:

> Anyway, I noticed today that my dirty little script hack for watching Youtube
> videos was no longer working, so I checked it out and saw that the Youtube
> pages have changed slightly.

I just went to your website and read
"Of course there is now the option of using the Gnash player (the Free
Software flash player), if you can get it to compile and install which
doesn't seem possible at the moment on gNewSense."

Im not much of a youtube user and I haven't tried to compile gnash,
but how come that's not possible?  Is somebody working on that?

I am not at my own machine right now, but I think firefox plays
youtube video clips out of the box, with no sound though.

I am going to install gNewSense on a couple of laptops for friends. I
am sure they'd love to use youtube.

So, thanks for the script, I'll have a look at it tonight.

Greetings,

Guido