Re: [gNewSense-users] ytplay updated - playing Youtube videos on gNewSen

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] ytplay updated - playing Youtube videos on gNewSense.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:15:55 +0100

Thanks for your responses!

2008/2/6, Kevin Dean <address@hidden>:
> First, the long answer. Gnash is "too new" for gNewSense 1.1, which is
> based on Ubuntu Dapper.
>
> Please note, however, that the next release of gNewSense (2.0) will be
> based on Gobuntu Hardy

Coming from Debian, I had to check what Dapper and Hardy means :)

Is there anywhere written what the future plans are and how the
upgrade will work?
Can the work of the freedom verification be re-used?

>>> So, thanks for the script, I'll have a look at it tonight.

I still haven't had the time to test it, but two new laptops have just
arrived and will be equipped with gNewSense tonight and I hope to have
a look then.

Greetings,

Guido