Re: [gNewSense-users]

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:46:35 +0100

2008/2/10, Chris Andrew <address@hidden>:
> The Delta-H release (based on Ubuntu's Hardy Heron) is due in April,
> so we will need to work out a way to reduce the amount of duplicated
> work that we need to do on that release.  I filed a bug here [1], and
> any ideas on this would save us huge amounts of time.

How about a repository with a collection of all copyright files that
have been checked as free? This might match files of new packages as

Just a thought. I am going to check the PFVscript, because right now,
I only have a rough idea what we are talking about. Do you think there
would be a lot of identical copyright files?

another (more long-term oriented) thought is to ask the maintainers of
debian packages to include a pre-defined line in the copyright file if
the license matches our definition of Free Software.

## This package is free software as defined by the FSF at ##

or something else. Packages which copyright files contain this unified
statement could be automatically marked as free. The more this becomes
a habit among package maintainers, the less work we'll have.

any comments?