Re: [gNewSense-users] kernel licence

From: marco\.chieppa-crap
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] kernel licence
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:15:45 +0100

for example

in this section ( /driver/ata/ ) "pata_Acpi.c" file has no licence,
but there is the mail adress of the owner, so we can conctat
him/her simply. About the "kconfig" file in the same section, it
has no licence neither copyright info. Because many files are
copyrighted by the same person, I think we can try to ask for
these too.

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 16:51 +0100, marco.chieppa-crap wrote:
> hi!
> about the kernel's files licence, many of these have not
> licence. you know where can find that?

can you give examples? it may help for future reference/people
the archives.

> Searching on the web i've find a couple of site were there
> are some info, but they aren't wery good (or i'm not able to
> find!!!)
> so, the last change, maybe the better way, is send a mail to
> the (c) owner...i think.

that would be the best idea. if the (C) holder is AWOL you may
need to
try mailing one of the LKML lists and asking what their process is
finding (C) of missing devs.