[gNewSense-users] PFV weekly update

From: Lee McCafferty
Subject: [gNewSense-users] PFV weekly update
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:42:56 +0000

Hello All,

So I (lee797) am posting this weeks update because Chris is in Iceland,
probably lounging in a thermal spa ;-).

Anyway, we now have 116 sections certified free in total, and work is
moving along nicely in the kernel checking, thanks to Marco and Luis.
In the Kernel section, 4 of the 6 adopted sections are certified free,
but already a few questionable licenses have shown up.

License checking is a pretty unglamorous job, but it  is an essential
part of what gNewSense is about, and the Linux kernel might have more
un-free code than you would expect. So again, a big thank you to Marco
and Luis for making a good start on the Kernel section.

Finally, if anyone would like to help out on the kernel check, here is
the page to start :-
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/DocumentingYourWorkKernel
and you can find a child to adopt here :-
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Kernel/Ubuntu-hardy-drivers

Lee