[gNewSense-users] KFV catch-up.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] KFV catch-up.
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:46:19 +0000

Hi to all the KFV contributors,

As you probably read, I'm back from a short holiday.

Looks like some really good work has been done on the Drivers section.

Could I just remind everyone to make sure that the date section is
formatted correctly (see column header), and that the section entitled
_Total number of files in section (including README's etc.)_  just has
the number of files, and NOT directories.  If there are two
directories with 5 files each, it should say that 10 files exist, and
not 10 files and 2 directories.

This may seem confusing, but it needs to be standardized, for
scripting to work.  On the subject of scripting, I am desperately
looking for somebody with scripting skills, to adapt the great PFV
script that allows us (me) to see at a glance what progress has been
made.  Checking progress and creating stats will be very difficult
without this, as the kernel has about 25000 files.  CAN ANYONE HELP?

Keep-up the good work, everybody.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/