Re: [gNewSense-users] wiki - visualization

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] wiki - visualization
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:16:42 +0100

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Bake Timmons <address@hidden> wrote:
>     Yeah, it's because the huge amount of changes that we have done, create
>     the wiki for each divers section, and each drivers, is count as a
>     change, so that's it.
>     The wiki memory gets over-run by the info.
>     Also the one with the (:pagelist:) code has that issue.
>
> Yeah, someone should dig into the code and see if can be made to stream properly.

Maybe we can modify some of the scripts that we use also.  E.g., in
kfv.el sleep statements could be interleaved among the wget post
commands in order to limit changes to some hourly maximum rate.  I think
that in any case these commands run as subprocesses, so in any case
Emacs would have to be left running at least until all uploading
activity had ceased.

This is nothing to do with the scripts - it's entirely a presentation issue inside pmwiki.

Brian