[gNewSense-users] GPL license in code

From: Peter and Jesse
Subject: [gNewSense-users] GPL license in code
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:27:20 -0700

What is our practice for the MODULE_LICENSE and EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
functions? drivers/s390 has files that don't state a license in the
comments but have MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") or
EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(somethingorother) in the code.
On the one hand, the authors are clearly intending the code to be GPL.
On the other, it raises questions about our process. Ideas?

Relevant (but 8-year-old) linux-kernel thread:

Relevant files: