Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Stats

From: Luis Alberto Guzmán García
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] KFV Stats
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:50:52 -0500

El dom, 20-04-2008 a las 13:48 -0500, Peter Lutz escribió:
> I'll help with this. I've been watching the mailing list for a couple
> weeks, and I'm still not totally clear though on a couple of things:
> if a file has just a copyright and a name (without mentioning a
> specific license), are we assuming that's GPL'd code, or do we contact
> the author(s)? Is it only an issue if the file explicitly mentions a
> non-free license? At this point I was just sort of avoiding sections
> like that when I didn't know what to do, but obviously that's not
> going to be helpful in the long run. I apologize if these questions
> are answered elsewhere,
The case easy is when it doesn't have an email address, you take the
code as part of the kernel. GPLv2 and that's it.

At the beginning i was suggesting that if the copyright holder has an
email, we should write, but that practice may make us spend time and
trouble. So is optional (I guess), the best is consider it as part of
the kernel GPLv2 and continue.

Thanks for helping :)