Re: [gNewSense-users] Removal of linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24

From: Eric Padman
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Removal of linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 14:11:20 +1200

Hello all,

Brian, could you please set up a wiki page, perhaps similar to the KFV
ones, so we all could help verify the freedom of these modules.

I haven't done any KFV work before but I have started going through
these files and verifying their freedom by hand.

To start things off, attached is my freedom stats for
linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-2.6.24/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/acore

As a summary, everything in this directory can be considered free if the
unlicenced parts are considered part of the kernel. The only thing of
note (maybe) is that
linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24-2.6.24/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver/acore/misc_driver.c
contains the functions to load any firmware.

Cheers,
Eric (MentalNotes)