[gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0

From: Ivan Ivanov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] migrating to gns 2.0
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:29:05 +0300

Hi all!

I tested Yavor's way to migrate my system without reinstalling it, and
it really worked. I'm non-profit user, I don't know anything about
dpkg or so, so it's not so hard to do.
I have made the same mistake as Yavor - I upgraded aptitude pretty
soon, and it was a bad idea ;) Another mistake by me was, that I
have forgotten to delete the gimp before beginning with the upgrade. To
remove OpenOffice.org is probably good Idea too (I did it).
It took 5-6 hours, but it can be done much faster I think.

So don't be so scaried, it works. :)

Best Regards

Ivan Ivanov