[gNewSense-users] Is there free software that can compare two directorie

From: Eus
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Is there free software that can compare two directories giving diff summary?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:36:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ho!

I am looking for free software that can compare two directories side-by-side so
that one can quickly see if there are addition/omission of files in a given
directory or if a file has been modified in any way. Moreover, the software can
also provide a diff view in case a file has been modified. The software should
provide an ease of navigation, preferably with GUI navigation provided by GTK.

Can Emacs do this? If yes, any pointer to a quick tutorial on how to do that?
Any other software that uses GTK instead?

I also welcome any suggestion to better mailing lists for asking this kind of
file administration stuff with the free operating system.

Thank you very much.

Oh, BTW, usually I find out which files in a given directory differ, are
omitted, or are added with the attached script. But, of course, it is not
convenience enough ;-)

Best regards,
Eus