Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Servers Safe

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Servers Safe
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 12:58:54 +0000

Koh Choon Lin wrote:
I noted in recent times, servers for distro like Fedora and Debian
were compromised by hackers. Are there some measures taken for
gNewSense after those incidents?

I actually meant to ask how the servers hosting gNewSense are
protected to insure against rootkits being inserted into the
distribution stream.

Hi,

This is essentially a human problem, not a technical issue.

The amount of people with access is very, very, very limited, at some point you have to trust those involved.

you have md5 sum in upstream
you have documented changes in builder
you have a compiler
have fun ;-)

I have written this reply five times already, I don't want to make it longer.

Regards,
Paul