Re: [gNewSense-users] patents and copyright [was: live cd]

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] patents and copyright [was: live cd]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:37:20 -0500

2009/1/13 Eus <address@hidden>
Hi Ho!

--- On Tue, 1/13/09, Quiliro Ordóñez <address@hidden> wrote:

>  No it is not. Once software is free under a free license,
> whoever got it
> alwasys will have that part as free software. Whoever got
> it as nonfree
> without copyright would be able to at least execute and
> reverse engineer.
> Much better than before.....don't you think.

No, I don't think so. Reverse-engineering is much more difficult than just compiling the source code.

I agree on that. You still don't have the code when you have copyright. There is no advantage for us to have copyright. It's a disadvantage. If we elimintate copyright, at least we will advance one step forward.

--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez