Re: [gNewSense-users] GNOME screen resolution

From: Enrique Vetere
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] GNOME screen resolution
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 07:44:36 -0200

Thanks Karl.
Yes I finally found, see my other mail... just for the record, sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg did not work.
The problem was that VirtualBox emulates VESA by default, so it's 800x600 max, and thus gnome was correct in this respect.
The solution is to install virtual box video drivers (see my other mail).

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:52:44 -0200
Enrique Vetere <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to gNewSense and not very experienced in Linux.
> Maybe this question has been asked 1000 times.
> How do I set the gnome screen resolution higer than 800x600?
> I run (currently) inside a virtualbox. On the host machine the card
> is an nvidia, but I don't think it's important,
> Thank you
> Regards

I suspect its a function of running in virtualbox.

Try running `sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg` and see if it lets you
change any resolution options.
I suspect it wont. Welcome to the brave new world of Autoconfiguring

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor

gNewSense-users mailing list