Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense team: what do they actually do?

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense team: what do they actually do?
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:08:14 +0100

Dmitri Gabinski ha scritto:
> Saluton!
> Thanks for your replies to my question. I have to regretfully say, I
> cannot see an argument to such questions I could use. You know, people
> generally don’t care much about software freedom, they care about
> comfortable use of their computers. Thus, free software per se is not
> very compelling. Even free things need some advertising, some, well,
> marketing…
>>> If they only want to create yet another non free GNU/Linux
>>> distribution, we don't care, imho.
>>> :)
>> Agreed. :)
> But don’t you care about converting new people to gNewSense? OK, nevermind.

Yes but not if it compromises our ideals.

The main reason for gNewSense is software freedom, not popularity (for
that there is ubuntu :P).

So it's right and we want to spread gnewsense but we should do it
explaining the philosophy we follow and the reasons why gnewsense is born.

If we don't use the freedom argument to spread it, the new gnewsense
users will start behaving in a bad way (installing non free software on
gnewsense) and so we fully failed our goals.

So go on talking about gnewsense and try to make those people understand
the importance of digital freedom pointing them to and

YOU are our marketing man right now. ;)

- --
Graziano Sorbaioli --
Join the Free Software Foundation:
Supporters will receive our new USB membership card with gNewSense Live

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)