Re: [gNewSense-users] kernel - mach64 copyrigth

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] kernel - mach64 copyrigth
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:30:51 +0100

crap0101 wrote:
Hi,
At this stage, I think there's no expectancy for a reply from ATI about
this issue.
Neither the people @ fsf got answer, the last mounth they wrote me the
follow:

Il giorno lun, 12/01/2009 alle 15.06 -0500, Donald R Robertson III via
RT ha scritto:
Hello again,

Unfortunately, I have not heard back from ATI. Hopefully we'll hear
from
them at some point. Thanks for taking your time on this.

address@hidden - Mon Jan 12 09:07:22 2009]:

good morning,

There 's some news about this issue?
Any answer from ATI?

Thanks,

Marco

I think we can cease to wait for it... the question is: remove or not
remove?

That's too bad. It's better to be safe then sorry, so I say remove it. However, the file's status is still unconclusive, so I'd leave the bug report open.

There's an AMD/ATI related talk at FOSDEM next weekend [1], but it's doubtfull that the speaker can help us because he's not from AMD and not a lawyer.

[1] http://www.fosdem.org/2009/schedule/events/xorg_r600_demo