Re: [gNewSense-users] Add/Remove... suggestion to install or work with n

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Add/Remove... suggestion to install or work with non-free software
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:38:43 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
On Sun, 24 May 2009 10:22:50 +0300
Niklas Cholmkvist <address@hidden> wrote:

In the program "Windows Wireless Drivers" it says in the description:
allowing an easy way to install Windows wireless drivers.
Do you think it should be removed?

ndiswrapper? yes it should be. the current code doesnt seem to cut it,
so feel free to submit a patch which works.
kk

It turns out that there already was a bug report for this [1]. I've updated it with rms' comment.

Grepping Builder for "ndiswrapper" finds nothing and the link to the patch in the bug report is dead, so I presume we have no "current code" for it. I'm not sure why the bug report has NeedsInfo status.

Btw, I'm debmirroring as I type this, so I'll hopefully be able to help out soon.

[1] http://bugs.gnewsense.org/Bugs/00236