Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewsense in very old hardware

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewsense in very old hardware
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:20:11 +0100

Ted Smith wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 18:47 +0100, Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
wrote:
alexus / dotcommon wrote:

savage snipping
This kind to installation is the same (freedom apart :) that could be
performed with the Ubuntu Alternate CD, choosing the "Install a
command-line system" option...

if anyone is interested in making this happen please look at how builder works as on the website and then apply it to the alternative CD

this is the only way this can be done at this time

Regards,
P.

Would this allow installing gNewSense with Full-Disk Encryption? As in,
builder would "liberate" the alternate CD? Or am I not understanding
what's going on?

Side note: there are many options in installs that don't get used at this time, enabling some of these options have strange consequences.

Builder liberates that which is combined with it - if you combine it with the "alternate" CD then you get a liberated "alternate".

This is why I said - check how builder works on the web site, the inference being that if you can cope with its internals then perhaps you could take apart the alternate CD and go forward from there.

Regards,
P.