Re: [gNewSense-users] updates - linux 2.6.24-24-generic 2.6.24-24.61 - 4

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] updates - linux 2.6.24-24-generic 2.6.24-24.61 - 404 not found
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 13:42:24 +0100

Christophe Pisteur schreef:
Hello,

Thank for all you do. I still have a similar probleme as the message
below. I get a new computer and I did install gNS 2.3 (of course), so
I mean: it is a fresh installation (on my old computer everything
works). At the first ubdapte (after installation), I receive this
message:

Impossible de récupérer
http://ch.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/main/source/Sources.bz2
Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Impossible de récupérer
http://ch.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/universe/source/Sources.bz2
Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Le téléchargement de
quelques fichiers d'index a échoué, ils ont été ignorés, ou les
anciens ont été utilisés à la place.

(unable to get "...")

I receive the same message when I switch to the main server:

Impossible de récupérer
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/main/source/Sources.bz2
Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Impossible de récupérer
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/deltah-security/universe/source/Sources.bz2
Somme de contrôle de hachage incohérente Le téléchargement de
quelques fichiers d'index a échoué, ils ont été ignorés, ou les
anciens ont été utilisés à la place.

I just refreshed the package indexes on my machine and I don't see this problem. I tried with both the main and the European server.

I beleve the probleme it still with the
linux-image-2.6.24-24-generic, because when I ignore the message and
install the other packages, this is this package who stay in the list
of "update to do". And my system become unstable.

We're still looking into the linux-image problem. How does your system become unstable?