Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem with Database and Mysql Ser

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Problem with Database and Mysql Server
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 20:29:36 -0800

On Dec 13, 2009, at 2:11 PM, davide89v wrote:

> I have a problem when try to connect Database to Mysql
> Server in "localhost" domain.
> The problem is in the JDBC driver that are not loaded. I think that
> this  is because gNewSense use only free software.
> What can i do? I have try to connect with the ODBC driver but receive
> this error "Could not load the program library or it is
> corrupted. The ODBC data source selection is not available."

When I Googled for this exact error message I found a few results, including
some from both the OpenOffice and Ubuntu forums. The info they provide may be

As an alternative, there also appears to be a native MySQL driver at [1] but
you'll first need to get a newer version of OpenOffice & MySQL than what's
currently included in gNewSense.