Re: [gNewSense-users] Best way to clear out Gnome

From: Freemor
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Best way to clear out Gnome
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:52:57 -0400

Wanted to thanks everyone for their input. after a couple of careful
purge, purge orphan, cycles I now have a mostly Gnome free system.
Still have a couple of packages that depend on gnome parts (hard to
avoid) but I'd say I'm 90% of the way there. The only gotcha was the
last round of orphans pulled out a couple of necessary packages (gdm
and network-manager) but as I was keeping a careful eye I just manually
put them back in.

Thanks again it was nice to see all that bloat (Sorry Gnome Dev's but I
guess I'm a minimalist at heart) going out of my system.

This brings up a question for gNS 3.0 will there be an option to choose
the default desktop during the install? Could this option be added
without it being a gigantic pain in the arse? No worries in not I'll
just install to gnewsense-standard and then build in the environment I
want. Just thought the above would be nice for the less technically

Regards, and thanks again

This e-mail has been digitally signed with GnuPG - ( )