[gNewSense-users] Re: PowerPC Hardware (was Re: metad beta1 released)

From: Jason Self
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: PowerPC Hardware (was Re: metad beta1 released)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:20:54 -0800

On Sunday, January 31, 2010, Douglas Mencken <address@hidden> wrote:
> All my hands are up for PowerPC support. Free OS can't be stuck to
> only one hardware platform.

There certainly seems to be a desire within the community for PowerPC
support. The real question seems to be if that can be turned into
something real.

The critical remaining item is manpower: The hardware has been
located, and it seems that a home has been found, but the main gNS
developers are very busy, so someone (or maybe a group of people) from
the community will need to step up to maintain it. Are you (or anyone
in the community) interested in/able to do that?

Manpower seems to be the last remaining item, and without someone to
actually work on it I'm afraid that the PowerPC port may never get off
the ground.

I'll Cc: the -users list in case any interested parties are lurking
around there.