[gNewSense-users] GUI not loading on Lemote Yeeloong

From: Adrian van Egmond
Subject: [gNewSense-users] GUI not loading on Lemote Yeeloong
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:09:37 +0800

As part of my New Year's resolution to go open source, I bought a Lemote Yeeloong. It came with Red Flag pre-installed in Chinese. I am now  in the process of trying to install GNewSense following the directions at: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS

I first loaded the os via usb using vmlinux-2.6.31.6-libre1. However, before booting into the system, I upgraded to vmlinux-2.6.32.3-libre-lemote & vmlinux-2.6.32.8-libre-lemote. So my hd1 has both. . (Somehow, I missed the Grub initialization during install but change boot in bios setup to grub.elf  to select the kernel to use). I have no problem booting into GNewSense with username & password, however,  the gui does not load. I have tried a myriad of ways to boot but no avail.

Any comments or thoughts would be most appreciated!