Re: [gNewSense-users] free wifi adapters

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] free wifi adapters
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:30:57 +0100

Michael Stevens schreef:
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 03:45:34PM +0000, Michael Stevens wrote:

which seems to be on the FSF approved list. It's for use in a Thinkpad
where the onboard wifi doesn't have free drivers.

On further testing I can confirm this works nicely on gnewsense, but you
need to build the current linux-libre 2.6.33 kernel.

If you're looking for space to put that information on for future reference, might I suggest the hardware section of our wiki [1]? A hardware compatibility list (with instructions if needed and (direct) shop links if known) would be useful.