Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion

Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:03:30 -0300

> can you give an example? I'm interested to see them.

It's been a long time I don't use Debian, but, if I remember
correctly, the emacs and tar manuals were messed up. Don't
know for sure, sorry. If you have acess to a Debian machine,
type man something, and you'll eventually come across to what
I'm trying to describe.

> > Also,  Debian does not include documentation (or includes it
> > incomplete) for LOTS of GNU software because of the verbatim
> > parts. gNewSense policies are different.
> This is a different issue.

I'm curious to know how you guys are going to handle this issue :)

> Are you talking about debian specific documentation, or documentation
> for programs shipped in debian, or some other documentation?

Programs shipped in Debian that are modified by the packagers, I guess.

Being a Hacker means to adopt a philosophy, a way of life which is
logical and beneficial. We cannot disregard that philosophy merely
for personal gain, no matter how important that gain might be.