Re: [gNewSense-users] Mipsel gNS 3 + crypto

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Mipsel gNS 3 + crypto
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:02:21 +0930

On Mon, 10 May 2010 11:32:28 -0700 (PDT)
"Jason Self" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > upstream d-i supports crypted filesystems, but i don't know if that
> > was added after the version we are using was frozen off or not.
> Support for encrypted installs was added to the Debian installer back
> in 2006 [1] so I'm confused by the above statement.

Let me try again :)
"I have no idea when crypted filesystems entered debian-installer. it
may have happened after debian5 was released, in which case it is
unavailable. alternatively, it may be disabled by us (somehow) to
reduce support complexity for the installer"
I honestly have no idea, i've never looked at our installer code.

> [1]

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)