[gNewSense-users] Has anyone tried an Intel GMA X4500?

From: Niklas Cholmkvist
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Has anyone tried an Intel GMA X4500?
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 00:52:35 +0200

Hi,

has anyone had any experience with an Intel GMA X4500? Just asking out
of curiousity. If I don't change my mind in the next 8-9 days I will
probably buy a motherboard/mainboard which has the Intel GMA X4500 to
serve as my graphics card for playing 3D games or other programs.
I know it is not ideal to seek FLOSS software for 3D graphics cards by
buying a motherboard, but since I also need a computer I think I'll take
the opportunity for this card. My demands in 3D gaming are not huge so I
will probably stay with such a graphics card for a lot of years.

If you know of this card, do you also know if the "microcode" also is
released as free software/firmware by Intel? Of what I've read ATI has
not released their "microcode" along with their graphics cards.(all?)
I've already tried computers which have an Intel 3D GMA and which don't
require proprietary drivers/software for it and now I want such a card
for myself as well.