Re: [gNewSense-users] help

From: al3xu5 / dotcommon
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] help
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:49:50 +0100

Il giorno venerdì 12/11/2010 18:52:38 CET
<address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Dear gnewsense-users
> I've just installed gNewSense for the first time

> [...]  I've tried to launch Pidgin so I can
> get some on-line help about how to link up my printer, but it looks
> like I need help on how to link up Pidgin....
> Just my luck, I chose a name already in use, and NickServe tells me
> to choose another.  I don't know where to put it, so it times out.
> Then I'm told to get to /msg NickServe help for a list of commands,
> 'cause I'm obviously speaking gibberish, but I don't know how.
> 1)  How do I get to /msg NickServe help for a command list?

uhm... i prefer using xchat as my IRC client...

if you can switch from pidgin to xchat and can understand Italian or
trust any online translation service, then here is a nice guide about
how to install and configure xchat (in three different ways) to connect
to any freenode channel:

> 2)  When I get there, and eventually get onto the #gnewsense channel,
> will someone tell me how to get my printer set up?

hope someone will try to help you :-)

in the meantime... which is exactly your printer (producer, model,
part number, connection type etc.)?

al3xu5 / dotcommon

Support free software! Join FSF:
Public GPG/PGP key block
ID:           1024D/11C70137
Fingerprint:  60F1 B550 3A95 7901 F410  D484 82E7 5377 11C7 0137
Key download:
[ Please, do not send my key to any keyserver! ]